Have you seen the state of this country?- bad!

 The time is exactly 2:38am as Timileyin writes this whilst licking a spoonful of peanut butter. It is evident she has left the fitfam lifestyle before she could even start.


Hello hello and welcome to another blog post by your favourite Sanya girl (shh, don't tell Naomi). And yes, I owe you all an explanation for going MIA. To be honest, it was a combination of a lot of things, school stress, imposter's syndrome and waking up every day in UAR (we just have to get used to it). I'm trying hard to get out of this funk and continue being consistent. Thank you for being patient❤️. 

I really do!

Now enough of that mushy stuff, let's get into today's blog post!. If for some reason you do not know what is currently happening in Nigeria, let's do a little run down.

 *Cues news channel music*

For starters, Naira is basically the same value as that fake money in the monopoly game. If you can, just save your money in foreign currency to avoid stories that touch the heart. The state of insecurity in the land is at an all-time high and kidnappers are on a rave, women and children are especially not safe, but our dear leaders claim once again, that their hands are tied (apparently they're into BDSM).

I mean, there's a high chance bubu is a kinky man.


Crypto currency and Twitter is and I quote "a bane to the country's productivity". Me, I just want to know how they even correlate?. But alas, there's no reason to fear because Adamu Garba and his cronies have come to the rescue with the Crowwe application where instead of saying "I just tweeted this", "help me retweet that" it'd be replaced with "I just saw someone's Crowwe" "help me re-crowwe". Fantastic!. Here's the gag, Google play apparently removed Crowwe from their software.

 I just know ole boy will throw a fit!.


It is also in the works that freshly inducted NYSC  members shall be trained, military style as members of the UARian army. They said you people need to start fighting for your allawee and to die for your nation. Most importantly, there's a high possibility that another civil war will kick off in the country, let us hope and pray it stays like that. 


These, amongst many other issues are going on without any counter action in sight. To list them all is really to open Pandora's box. And to be quite frank, I don't see any miraculous recovery anytime soon. My apologies for sounding so pessimistic, but I'm honestly scared for this country. To think about where we're headed gives me so much inexplicable anxiety. The only solution I can see is to japa(file for citizenship), and not everyone is privileged enough to japa. We can only hope at this point that some sort of miracle happens soon, because we've cried and screamed but it all falls to deaf, dirt-filled ears.


 For our readers abroad, please send your Nigerian friends money. We are not fine at all, it's fake life. Thank you for reading this far, see you next time and don't forget to subscribe for notifications❤️.


P.s- This is me checking up on you. I hope you're good and well, I hope you're okay and having a great day. If you aren't, I'm sending virtual hugs and kisses. Xoxo.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the update Timi!!
    Keep up the good work babes!
    Melo;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing write up beautiful, hope you're fine too❤️

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Distributed By OLAITAN | Organized By Olaitan