YOU HATE TO SEE IT


Timileyin has been all over the place, and her mental health is finally on insha Allah and vibes- but she’s not complaining. She definitely is grateful to have her readers who dutifully click on the link to see her rant. And of course, she’ll be ranting today. This blog is listening to  Tye Tribett’s ‘ We gon be alright’.

Salutations, earthlings welcome back to our blog!. I hope you’re good and well? And also adhering to the lockdown rules!. It’s no news that the past months have been anything but nice.
Throwback to when we thought this was 'the' year.
Throwback to when we thought this was 'the' year.

 What with all that's been happening; police brutality, starvation, rape ( to name a few) and by now, we're all wondering what went wrong (well, except if you live under a rock). 
And I know you don't so read along.

You know what I think?, I think all these happenings have been in practice way before the corona virus forced us all to our homes. I think, we’ve been so “distracted” by our individual lives to actually see the evil in our world. And now that we practically don’t have a life anymore, we’re forced to confront these issues.  Omo, I too wise!.
If my brain doesn't age does that make me a sage?. Don't you leave me!. 

So, if you were expecting the regular humour and vibes in today's post, you’re in for quite a disappointment because I’m not about to pretend that everything will be okay. it won’t, not unless we make actual efforts for a change. You feel me?.
If you find anything funny, it's all on you .

“So what's today's post about?”, I’m sure you can’t bear the wait. Calm down, we're getting there. As you can see by the rather bitter title, I’m referring to a person/s. And who may these people be?.  I’d call them the problem of our world but then it’s you. 
Plot twist!.

Yes, unconcerned, apathetic, “can never be me” you. Consider this as constructive criticism from a well meaning friend. You see, you have a problem as I said earlier. thankfully it’s not too late to fix it-but with your compliance of course. This problem is one which is personal as much as it affects every single human. It's the problem of not caring.

 It may shock you that I know this about you, your dirty little secret in  which you use those fancy hastags and retweets to cover up. “I’m retweeting because I care, I used the #justicefortina and Uwa tags and people said that was really cool”. Well that’s fine and good but do you actually want justice For those girls?, “is it something you’re ready to fight for?”

I’m not asking you to become the next Luther king Jr, don’t get me wrong. What I'm trying to tell you is that as a human being with privileges and opportunities in your favour, it’s only right for you aid those who aren’t as fortunate as you are.
 
Remember the story of the good Samaritan?, and how even though he wasn't of the same tribe with that injured man, he cared for him not because everyone else was doing it, not so he could be “ woke”, not because someone played the “what if it was your sister/brother” card but because he simply cared and that was enough.

This brings me to the end of this very lengthy (forgive me) article. I’m definitely not going to hold my frustration back any longer, since rapists and murderers obviously aren’t. If it’s going to make me get tagged as “the angry Nigerian feminist” or "that girl that carries things on her head too much", then IDGAF!, ( pardon my french). 

And I hope after reading this, you won’t too. I love you always and stay safe. See you in our next post!.







9 comments :

  1. An article for the culture🖖🏿🖖🏿

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burst my head ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finallyyyy💃💃, the thing I love most about your blog is that it is totally relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take out your frustrations on us dear we need it so we can frustrate other people to frustrate other people 😩. And oh I'm leaving you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never disappoint darling!!!!��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!
    You've done well.
    I really love the mimetic approach you used. Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this post is just satisfying😂
    I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. meet me in the room. that's all I can say

    ReplyDelete

My Instagram

Distributed By OLAITAN | Organized By Olaitan