Of Love and Loss- The Peculiarity of Human Nature.

 Of  love and loss- the peculiarity of human nature.

Hi readers, it's Timileyin here and of course I'm on my knees begging for you to hear me out as I

ashamedly admit that I ghosted, yet again.

Forgive me?

To be honest, I haven't really been in the best of places- mentally, for several reasons and physically as I still wake up everyday, a Nigerian. 

Me, everytime I remember that my angel had the choice of taking me to any country but still brought me here.

This time, my old friend, self-sabotage, has come back to remind me of a "failure" that I am. It's probably in my head, you're right but that doesn't make it any easier to tackle, it's like a never-ending battle one which I shall conquer one of these days.

Or you can just sponsor my therapy, I wouldn't mind.

So, now that we're up to speed on my pathetic state of being, how's everyone doing?. I hope you're good and well and figuring things out?. If not, I'm sorry we're both sad together, give yourself grace and patience, it'll be alright soon <3.

If a cute cat says this, then it's probably right.

As per the topic of today's blog post and as a result of several eye opening experiences I've recently been through, I have found that humans are the most complex beings to exist. And in that complexity, lies beauty. 



We've all lost someone in our lives, a family member or a friend- someone who we considered a constant, always there and never faltering. The pain and agony that comes with this loss is one indescribable, yet so familiar. It's one we all share. Some days you're okay and able to keep the memories at bay and the next, a simple whiff of perfume could have you close to a breakdown. There is no outright way to deal with loss, you should not feel obliged to "move on" like nothing ever happened. Be it death, a bad break up, friendship fallouts or even failure. Your feeling is very valid, however way you choose to express it is also very valid. 


THE "IT IS WHAT IT IS" CULTURE AND IT'S SELF-DESTRUCTIVE NATURE.

"Maybe I don't want to forgive, maybe I'm hurt because I'd never have thought you'd do that to me, maybe I hate that everyone wants me to forget, when all I see is our memories, all I see is you- Timileyin"


Nowadays, it is a crime to display weakness or vulnerability publicly. You cannot afford to feel defeated or admit to being hurt. The buzzwords used are "never get attached" "always expect less so you won't be disappointed" "guard your heart always". It is the trend to mutter "we move" everytime life practically throws hard lemons on your head and leaves little to no time to feel.


Quite frankly, I'm no therapist but that's one of the biggest scams in today's society. If you are hurt, allow yourself to cry, allow yourself to wish things didn't end up as they did, allow yourself to want better because as much as we'd hate to admit, loving comes with attachment and attachment is inevitable. Let it flow and let it go. (Not me being a pun queen, haha). 



Another thing I find so funny is how irrespective of the great feats mankind has been able to achieve, we still haven't fully understood the mystery that is loving and losing. We love, we lose and yet still love all over again. With what's going on in my life right now, I find that reassuring, it doesn't seem that way now but it will get better. A little beacon of hope if you will and I hope you feel that way too. 


I hope you stop compartmentalizing, I hope you give your soul enough healing, I hope you stop restraining yourselves and love with as much passion and vigor as you want to, disregarding the "what ifs". 


Thank you so much for sticking with me to the end, I do truly love you and hope it resonates with you. Be sure to subscribe, share and comment. See you in our next blog post!.

7 comments :

  1. Ooh. I feel reassured once again.Sometimes, hope and love are what are needed to live on. Beautiful writing, Babu. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you have to go for too long ����

    Missed your words so much.
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Timiii🥺🥺🥺 you are such a blessing to Mankind. Thanks for making me feel humanly again 😔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a sweet thing to say, I'm glad you liked it

      Delete
  4. Very sentimental 🥺. My friend is in a bad space right now, sending this blog to her will bring her right out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a wonderful friend and I hope this makes her feel much better

      Delete

My Instagram

Distributed By OLAITAN | Organized By Olaitan